Thursday, August 21, 2008

Websense Piece of Useless Crap

I'm writing this from home because apparently blogger is a personal site/social networking. Since our company did an upgrade it's now blocked. Also blocked is DeviantART which is very useful in the ways of Photoshop brushes and vector shapes and stock art. Also blocked is soundsnap.com where I get sound effects for things (which I prefer over Flashkit because it's more intuitive).

So yea, my boss is pissed and so are other people in the building. I mean seriously, as an artist I need my inspirations. If inspirations and resources are blocked it's very limiting. Also, I can VPN into my computer at home to view things but we have a firewall on our emails at work so if I were to email myself what I needed (excluding sound because I can't listen to sound remotely) it would take a whole day cause the IT guy quit and there isn't anyone to bump through emails.

Annoying as sin. On the bright side, my boss said if it starts to hinder my work I can work from home.

Yay.

In the meantime....if I start screaming you know why.

No comments: