Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Throw Away in NOT a Throw Away. It's YOUR fault for making a monopoly!

Remember - the two-party system relies on the fact that people typically vote Dem or Rep. So if more people broadened their horizon it would be an equal playing field for everyone. Just because someone isn't Dem or Rep doesn't mean they can't win or be a big decision maker in who wins.

I think it's loony to vote for a lesser of a two evil when there is a perfectly good candidate that is in the 3rd largest party. If it's going to "spoil" then we should get rid of democracy all together. We have the freedom to choose who we want. If we didn't have that choice then it would be a throw away. It's loony to not vote at all. In the words of one reporter "The greatest power the people have is their vote, and in supporting the lesser of two evils each election, voters ensure eternal evil." I'm voting for the candidate I agree with the most. Even if it's not 100%, it's the best choice for me.

Then if you all complain if the US goes sour if a Rep or Dem takes it down, it's YOUR fault for allowing them a monopoly because you could have voted otherwise. Even in the local races, I vote for who I closest agree with. I don't care about party lines.

No comments: