Thursday, February 5, 2009

Abortion Double Standards

I was thinking about this while taking a shower.

The Unborn Victims of Violence Act of 2004 (Public Law 108-212) is a United States law which recognizes a "child in utero" as a legal victim, if he or she is injured or killed during the commission of any of over 60 listed federal crimes of violence. The law defines "child in utero" as "a member of the species Homo sapiens, at any stage of development, who is carried in the womb."

How the friggin hell is that any different from abortion - "ANY stage of development". If a unborn baby can be a legal victim in a crime, how does that make the unborn baby "civil rightless" and thus easily subjected to an abortion.

If I were an unborn baby and I had a choice I'd rather be killed in a crime than have my body parts sucked out by a tube.

Things like that make me want to utter profanities.

No comments: