Monday, May 5, 2008

Earthlink - Lesson 2 - Troubleshooting

Lesson 2 is for those who have tried an online setup and have noticed their download/upload speed to be terribly slow. First you want to call your provider (I had to call Time Warner as they provide the actual service). I went through about five different technicians on Time Warner's side to figure out what the problem was then finally I was told that I hate Lite service, not the standard plan to which I originally thought. I was a bit put off and obviously frustrated and called Earthlink to change me to the plan I THOUGHT I had (and they obviously wouldn't give me the promo now so I was stuck PRESUMABLY paying $41.95 rather than the $29.95). So then all is well. Yea...RIGHT. A week later the speed hasn't changed so I called Earthlink yet again. Guess what? They had to submit a form to Time Warner to allow the plan change and they didn't do it before so now I have to wait ANOTHER WEEK. I wait and wait...no change.

Continue to Lesson 3 - When Speed's Don't Change.

No comments: