Thursday, May 15, 2008

Month-to-Month My Butt!

Ok so I was driving home after work the other day and noticed a sign for Urban Active (long story which I will explain presently). The sign said "New: Month-to-Month Memberships!" or something to that degree. Now I will start my rant on how NOT month-to-month that means.

So about 3 or 4 years ago (I forget exactly) we entered to win a 30 day gym membership via the little box thing at Quiznos. We "won" (I think everyone wins...reason being continued) and got a call to come in. We got a little sermon about getting in shape and then that we could use the 30 day free to convert to the initiation fee and then we would just pay "month-to-month". Well after a while we started to not use the gym anymore and they built Gold's Gym and I wanted to get rid of the membership. Turns out, the guy who looped us into it didn't tell us we had a THREE YEAR CONTRACT. We pay month-to-month but the contract is set in stone. I tell them I want to cancel and that is that.

Then Gold's Gym comes up and I think that would be better (it's got a pool, it's closer and bigger.) we go there and I ask if it's a month-to-month membership and the guy says yea and we have the rate locked in for two years and all that. Turns out it was a TWO YEAR CONTRACT. Month-to-month is a load of bull to get you looped into a contract. So read the fine print, all of it...and make them wait while you do.

I'm never going to join a gym in the future because of all the lying and suckering these people do. It's sickening.

To top of it: Gold's financial holding company decided to make OUR Gold's location an Urban Active so I can't go to any Gold's fitness areas in the country.

Pieces of crap...that's what they are. Their "free" trainers are bogus as well. At Gold's you have to pay for a personal trainer.

No comments: